When we originally asked for stories about Tim, we had no idea what we were going to receive. Then they came in multitude, in all forms imaginable from photographs to poems, from songs to anecdotes. They have been funny, heartwarming and educational. We have found so much joy in this form of celebration that we invite you to continue this sharing here.

Posted by Celia on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 pm

The spring makes me think of Tim, maybe it's the pollen making me sneeze. Maybe it was the straw hat that I saw the other day that made me think of the funny hat he wore in Virginia when we went to a yard sale with Carrie to look at a bicycle built for two. Carrie bought the bike for her mom and Tim and I were the lucky twosome that got to ride it home. I can not remember who was steering, neither of us would be the likely choice for steering any vehicle. But we were so happy waving to passersby that day.
A good day. A great day.

Posted by Tammy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 pm

I don't know why- but I was thinking about Tim today and ended up "googling" his name. I didn't even know this site existed, or if his family still reads these postings. I just felt like I needed to say something from the people who worked with him for such a short time. I met Tim when he started working at NYU. I even oriented him a few days. I remember thinking "this guy is going to be a great nurse." He was smart, but most importantly I could tell how much he cared about his patients. He was never there for any selfish reason. He never rolled his eyes when a patient made a mess or needed something that most of us didn't want to deal with. It was like he was happy for the chance to help. I was very sad when he left for treatment, not just for him or me, but for all of the patients who were missing out on such exceptional care. When I am at the end of a long day and don't really want to deal with patients, I try to remember Tim, and realize how lucky I am to have a chance to care for people. We owe this to our patients, and we owe it to Tim's memory. Thanks everyone for sharing him with NYU.

Posted by Shaina on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Just thinking of how thrilled Timmy is right now with the historic moment upon us. I envision him in sweat pants, perhaps rubbing elbows with other gentle-men that passed too soon- MLK, JFK, Marvin Gaye... and they're all smiling, exchanging tight timmy hugs in celebration of this great moment. I believe that the kind of world timmy envisioned in his poetry is the kind Obama enivions, and I want you all to be comforted in the fact that timmy's poetry, photography, and love have been given to the Biden family to share with the Obamas- and the message they convey is HOPE. Something we're all reminded today (and always at Timmy's request) to never give up. God bless you all.

Miss you, Timmy.

Love always,
Shaina.

Posted by Ross Coombs on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Just a quick note to everyone...
if you are a member of the Facebook community, the Morelli family started a Positivity Squadron group. It is another great way for all of us to keep in touch. Hope you all join because it is by far the coolest group on facebook. You all Rock!! Later =p

Posted by Carla on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:07 am

Good morning Tim fans.
I went onto Itunes this morning, and downloaded one of Tim's favorite songs:
"Get By" by Telib Kweli.
I have not listened to it in years, but as soon as the first few chords rang into my room, I felt as though Tim wa right there next to me; loving every note and dancing with a huge grin, mini-towel draped across his head.
Go download it! It is full of happy Tim energy!
love, carla
PS. Any updates on his photo exibit date?

Posted by Chris on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:28 am

I read everybodys' posts and it still amazes me how close Tim was with so many people. Often times when speaking of a loved one, people use the cliche' " He was loved by many" and in Tim's case it's actually true. He exuded what I can describe only as a type of goodness, that I think many people were attracted to and felt comfortable being around. Tim was the first person I met at college, and before we even spoke I instantly knew i was gonna like him ( I never told him that). For me, being around Tim felt like being home, no matter where I was or what I was doing, if Tim was around, it felt like everything in the world was in it's right place.Though a year has passed it's still hard for me to talk about him without feeling grief/sorrow/pain. I miss him now and always, and selfishly I want him back, but I know he's off doing far more important things. I can only regret I did not have more time.

Posted by Jennine on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:37 pm

I read through everyones postings and what has been written about Timmy is very touching. I have dreamt about Tim often this past year and I truly believe he has visited me to let me know he has not forgotten about us and will live on our dreams and memories forever.

Posted by John Brereton on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:45 pm

I want to share some stories on this tough day. Hopefully, this will give you a glimpse of the Tim that I was blessed to have known.

I was lucky to have lived with Tim for 4 years. I first met him as freshman at Fordham and we became roommates sophmore year. We lived together for roughly 3 or 4 years. I knew Tim about 6 or 7 years before he passed.

I honestly don't know where to start to talk about Tim. My friendship with Tim was absolutly amazing and I'm so thankful for it. Tim was truly one of a kind. I never felt so comfortable around someone as I did with Tim because Tim didn't judge, he didn't yell, he never wanted to hurt anyone. He also was generous, he was creative, he was fun, and he'd laugh at every stupid little thing I would do. We had a great thing going.

Most times Tim and I would try to see who could be more absurd and silly. Sometimes I'd win, but most of the time Tim would beat me at what I do best. He made me laugh all the time. One example, I would ask Tim if he had a baseball glove and he would respond "of course I do I'm a Mit" (Tim spelled backwards). We would both laugh because we understood how goofy it was. He understood the power of laugher. That's probably one of the things I miss most about Timmy. Sometimes I just want to laugh again like I did when he was around. I felt like I was free with him, free to say and do anything. Free to laugh at anything. We never comprised our silly, goofy ways to each other. We were who we were and never had to worry about what the other though. If was a friendship that I just can't describe, it a friendship that I miss dearly.

One of my favorite memories of Tim that I'll never forget is when we went down to D.C. with Fordham's football team and he tried using Jerry's ID (who is a perfect match) to get us into a bar. The bouncer knew right away we weren't 21 and started asking questions. Tim knew the answers to almost all the questions the bouncer was asking, but screwed up on one question and the bouncer gave us an option, either we wait for the cops to show up to verify the id or we leave, but the bouncer keeps the ID. All 80 pounds of Timmy (soaking wet?) proudly and loudly says "you want me to call the cops for you, what's your number and what's your address". He continues "Call them and then you can buy me a drink when they prove who I am". At this point I'm scared the cops are coming and we're going to get arrested, but I'm also laughing because Tim is so overconfident even though he knows that my ID is that of a 5'2 asian guy (I'm a 5'11 Irish guy and looked nothing liked the ID Tim gave me-if they didn't believe Timmy and they were going to arrest him, they were going to shoot me on the spot for even trying with the id Tim gave me). Timmy continues "You don't have to act tough because you have a walkie talkie." At that point, I'm lauging hysterically and this bouncer is about hit us. Tim start mimicking the bouncer. Tim is talking into his imaginary walkie talking on his shoulder and saying "10-4, I'll have a heinken and a budweiser for my friend here" We never got in the bar and left as the cops were coming down the block (Bouncer did keep Jerry's ID), but my memory of Tim acting tough will forever be with me. Tim was such a nice guy and I knew that, but him standing up to the bouncer and then reenacting the bouncers moves, who probably outweighted him by 200 pounds, will always be one of my favorite memories.

Tim didn't just live a great life, he inspired me and countless others, to harness the power of goodwill and kindness. He inspired us to think big and, more importantly, to think with our hearts rather than our heads. Personally, he taugh me about friendship with the 8 million unselfish acts he did for me, he encouraged and developed my genuine laughter and silliness, he taught me what courage really is as he battled cancer, and he taught me how to hope again (Not a cloud in the sky today Tim when you knew I was thinking of you today-you're good!).

Anyway, Tim made me a better man in so many ways. He encourged to me to ask out my future wife because he saw how crazy I was for her and knew I didn't have the courage to do it (I'll never be able to pay him back for that one! It's like he gave me a winning lottery ticket and I hit the jackpot), he showed me it was okay to rapidly hit Brendan, our college roomate, with a pool stick at 430a in the morning after a night of drinking, he introduced to me to Nick and Lauren, who are absolutely wonderful people who I'm still trying to find out if they have any flaws at all, he showed me that our friend Chris actually talks, though few people actually believe me. He also opened the doors for me to meet his wondeful family, who I can't say enough about (ask Jerry and his 4,000 text messages I sent him). His family is just as wondeful as Tim.

There are some days where I still struggle. As I think that I have to call Tim to tell him about something and sadly realize I can't. There are days where I lie to myself just because it makes it a little easier not to think about it. However, not one day goes by that I don't laugh or smile about a memory of Tim. I try to make sure to do one good deed like Timmy would do every day. Today, as my coworkers' kids ran around my office for Halloween, I told one of these young kids that I lived under my desk. The little kid laughed and was in complete disbelief. He tried to figure out how I could possibly live under my desk. I told him to take a look for himself. He cautiously peered under my desk to find candy that I had placed there for him. This kid was in awe, his face was filled with surprise, the happiness was undeniable, and for that quick moment, the appreciation of our friendship for was truly geniune. What that little kid was experiencing is exactly what I experience every time I think of Tim and I can't tell you how truly blessed I am for having that. God Bless Timmy!

Posted by Linda Wagner on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:52 pm

Dear The Morelli family,
I can't believe it has been one year. I think about Tim everyday. I miss and love him so much! My thoughts and prayers are with you all the time, especially today. Love, Linda

Posted by Mieke Van Halsema on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:18 pm

What words to say? Where can they take your place? We miss you every day Tim and think of you often. I miss random run ins with you, me by my work, you by the photo developing studio. I have such vivid memories of conversations we had on rocks in the desert, most of which were you calming me out of some sort of Mieke induced frenzy. I miss your sweatpants. I miss your desert headwraps (aka tee-shirts in some sort of wrapped fashion). I miss your smiling through bean laden dinners that I made, because Gratz and I had no other recepies. I miss your walking swagger (so unintentional, but totally there). I miss your insights and your quiet charm and your calm acknowledgement of everything superficial. I miss random texts back and forth planning lavish dinners on Arthur Avenue for a reunion, both of us humor filled, knowing that they would probably not happen that weekend. I miss your smile and your intellect and your kindness everyday. Thank you for being you, and we miss miss miss you.